Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Google SketchUp time!

I'm about to start doing something I have been talking about for quite some time.

Using Google SketchUp (soon to bee Trimble SketchUp) to model the major elements from my novel. I'm going to start with the Daedalus, even though I should probably start with a building since the program was originally created for the Architectural and Engineering industries.

But after seeing the work of KaranaK and the way he uses SketchUp to make amazing vehicles and spaceships, I know that I need to follow my gut and right now my creative juices are firing off at the thought of having the Daedalus fully modeled and view-able from multiple angles.

I know my model won't be as detailed as the stuff Alexey makes, but it will be a start for me toward a greater goal.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment