Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ballpoint and paper

Tomorrow I have a conference call with Lori. She and I have conducted business for a couple of years now and she recently got me a gig doing a logo redesign, plus a t-shirt design derived from said logo. It should be a pretty simple project.

On a different, more personal note. My wife and daughter are on away for a week. Jamie went to Henderson to help my mom pack up the rest of the house before it sells. Serenity went with her. I hope my baby girl is being good, but chances are she's gonna make the entire effort interesting.

Now onto the book talk. Tonight I was going to do some digital sketching. Perspective drawings and technical cutaways of some new concepts for the Daedalus Air Ship. My creative brain is orbiting the recent Feng Zhu studies I've done and I'm itching to pop the vehicle sketching DVD back in. But instead of copying him stroke for stroke, in an attempt to replicate his concept, I will follow along only audibly while working on my own concept. This way I can allow a portion of his method to guide the ebb and flow of my idea but keeping the design unique and productive to my goals.

Tonight, however, I will be instead working with ballpoint pen and paper. Knocking out some thumbnails that I can use during the process I just described above. I'll be able to do these while I watch TV. So it allows for some productive me time.

Finally, I have a great idea for the opening sequence of images that will lead into the prologue of the book. It will be akin to Brian Selznick's master works (The Invention of Hugo Cabret and Wonder Struck) but with a psypher art style.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment