Friday, March 28, 2014

Start of a new online presence

It's time for more web design work and since I don't have a paying client right now I'm going to reinvent my own website. I've been studying reponsive (fluid) design and after spending hours looking at really cool websites I've set my mind on a new direction.

As I'm a visual person I'm still going to make graphic mock ups in Photoshop. Three in total; Each mock up will be set to a predetermined (pixel) width; 960, 768, and 480. These widths will be a milestones, breaking points of sorts. Using CSS media queries I will be able to check for viewport dimensions and display the appropriate layout.
This is a screenshot of a Google Chrome extension called "Window Resizer" it allows me to view any website at predetermined widths. It's a great tool for getting an idea of what a website might look like in different viewports. As it would be extremely tedious to create a layout for each one. I will only be focusing on three, the true responsive work will come later. Time for the mock ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment