Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mobile App Development

I have been a "designer" for many years. I have designed logos, business cards, posters, brochures, websites, interactive flash movies, characters, creatures, environments. I even "designed" an entire world, when I decided to become an author and write a 120,000 word manuscript.

Now I embark on a new journey where a lot of the landmarks are strangely familiar. I am going to begin to learn to design Mobile Apps. This is something that has always tickled the back of my mind. I know I can do it, because although I am no expert, I do have some experience with programming languages and when you've stared at code long enough it's really just a matter of syntax. Logic is logic, no matter what syntax is painted over the top of it. And logic is really just math and conditional statements.

I will begin by creating a very basic Android App, nothing that I intend to make money with, but as I get further along I will definitely be uploading some of my projects to the Google Play store. The goal here is to have working samples of UI/UX experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment